Employee provident fund is one of the best social security schemes for employees, who are earning a monthly basic salary + DA of 15000 Rs or less than 15000 Rs. Till now the basic salary + Dearness Allowance limit to avail employee provident fund scheme is 15000 Rs. The 12% of basic + DA will be contributed to the employee provident fund and another 12% from employer side will also be contributed to the Employee provident fund account. But the majority of the employees are not aware of how to check PF balance, so they couldn’t able to track their EPF claim status.
How To Check PF Balance:
Do you want to check EPF balance then there are several ways to do it, among them the easiest and simple way to check employee provident fund balance is UAN number. Every EPF member who is contributing towards employee provident fund scheme can do pf balance check with UAN number easily at online website of EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization).
How To Do PF Balance Check With UAN Number:
UAN stands for Universal Account Number. A 12 digit UAN number will be allowed to every PF account number. But only One UAN number will be given to an employee in his or her lifetime. If you have more than One UAN number for different EPF accounts then you have to merge them. Now EPF members can do UAN merging online easily. Now we will learn about how to do PF balance check with UAN number.
In order to do EPF balance check with UAN number go to epfindia.gov.in and in home page go to employees and in menu select member passbook. Now you are directed to UAN passbook download page. Now enter your 12 digit UAN number and password which you have generated at UAN member portal. If you didn’t remember your UAN password also there is no problem, you can change your password at UAN member portal by clicking on forgot password link.
If you want to download your EPF passbook then you can directly download UAN member passbook by clicking on the below link.
Important Guide Lines While PF Balance Check With UAN Number:
- PF balance check using UAN number will be applicable to the only members who have registered at UAN member portal. If you are not registered then activate and register your UAN number at UAN member portal
- The EPF members can able to download their PF passbook only after 6 hours from the time of registration in UAN member portal i.e after 6 hours you can download your passbook whenever you want.
- If your claim was already submitted then you can’t able to download your EPF passbook.
- The members of exempted establishments and inoperative EPF accounts can’t able to download their UAN member passbook.
- If you have applied for any changes like your name, date of birth, date of joining, father’s name and gender details. Then only after 30 days, those changes will appear on your EPF passbook.
- On EPF member passbook PDF file you can find Three columns One is for 12% of employee contribution, another one is 3.67% of employer contribution and the last one is 8.33% of employer contribution which will be the pension fund of the EPF members.
If you find any problems while PF balance check with UAN member then you need to call the toll free number provided by Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) and this EPFO toll free number will work from morning 9:15 am to evening 5:45 pm.
EPF Balance Check On Mobile:
You can also do EPF balance check On mobile phones using various services like SMS and mobile applications. EPFO has provided a 24/7 SMS service get PF balance on mobile numbers of EPF members. This service is available throughout the India.
Do EPF Balance Check On Mobile Using Following Details:
In order to check PF balance on mobile number just type EPFOHO UAN and sent it to 7738299899
You can also check PF balance on mobile phones using various mobile applications, recently Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has introduced Umang mobile app download PF passbook.
Umang is the best EPF balance enquiry app launched by employee provident fund organization in recent time to check PF balance, you can also claim your PF amount using Umang mobile application.
Till now the above mentioned are the best ways to check PF balance easily in less than One minute. Do share your queries on how to check PF balance in below comments section.